I just discovered State of Decay. I don’t know why it took me so long to discover it. I thought it was a different type of game. I didn’t know there was so much focus on establishing a homefront and leveling up survivors. One of my biggest sticking points is the drop of morale and how sloppy resource management can be way more time consuming than it needs to be. For instance it takes Lily 10 minutes to find a specific resource, then you waste precious time locating it only to find it is more than one rucksack’s worth of stuff, so you call in the scavengers which may or may not need assistance.
I’ve heard this complaint a few times, so here is something to do while Lily waits for the location of your resources.
With the addition of your back, you should have 7 slots for bringing back the resource crates. Here is the TL:DR
- Spawn in
- Get lily to look for resources
- Mark your map with waypoint to “???” location for resources
- Take proper gear. (Recommended: Loaded silenced gun, sturdy melee weapon, 3-4 Painkillers / 3-4 snacks / 1 Stamina boost)
- Find Truck or Station Wagon (6 Heavy Duty Slots)
- Drive to waypoint.
- Park close enough to the door to make quick exit.
- Load each resource crate you find into your vehicle one by one.
- Move to a new location.
- Continue to move to potential resource sights and load the crates into your vehicle until Lily calls or you are full.
- Go home, enjoy the morale boosts and not fear survivors will randomly die or go missing.
The Jaded Gamer (IamFN2K@gmail.com)