Hey kids! You think life sucks because you don’t get to do anything? Count your blessings… being a grown up isn’t as amazing as you may think. I’m only in my mid-twenties and as much fun as you may think that is, it’s bullshit. I’m not married, nor do I have children (thank God) so I can’t even imagine how much more stressful it will be. I will give you a pros and cons list of being a grown up!
1) never winning the lottery
2) you develop more addictions. Adults always say “I NEED COFFEE” or “I NEED A DRINK”. Life makes you dependent on things to make life easier… or at least thats what we think
3) you get more stuck in your ways. Don’t you hate it when you try to explain to an adult but they always know more/better? Yeah… that adult either becomes you or someone you know… gross isn’t it?
4) BILLS BILLS BILLS
5) Do you know how expensive the dentist is?? If I get a cavity, I’m fucked…
6) working a job you hate
7) Having a stooooopid boss
8) Now that you can vote, you educate yourself on the world and watch the news! Now you become an informed citizen and you see the awful world the adults before you created. Go team.
9) I had NO idea how flippin expensive a car is… it costs more than rent! (Which is why I don’t have a car…)
10) public transportation and car pooling
11) it’s creepy seeing people you know getting married and having babies… I can barely feed and burp myself!
12) can’t ask your parents for help – but lets be honest, we still do… and that only reminds me of how much I suck at being a grown up
13) Having to wear “office attire” ….WHAT?!?!
14) Having teenagers not get the reference to your jokes
15) being called old when you’re in your mid twenties
16) Being compared to other adults
17) learning about taxes, economics, mortgages… eww….
18) cook and clean your own shit
19) trying to figure out who you are and what you want…. exhausting…
20) knowing that the “teenager you” is disappointed in the “adult you”